Train the trainer
The "Train the Trainer" concept is essential and an integral part of CADRE. As a CADRE member, and being a change agent, it is a great idea to implement a "Train the Trainer" system in your organization. Once the system is in place, everyone in your organization can be CADRE trained, participate, and bring about changes and improvements on every level. The benefits are manifold!
"TRAIN THE TRAINER" TRAINING SUGGESTIONS
There are many approaches and systems to CADRE train employees, co-workers, and entire divisions in your organization. If you have devised a training system, please share it with us! Below you will find one suggestion submitted by Community Research Foundation (CRF). CRF uses this its outline in a document to track progress of their representatives being CADRE trained:
- Watched Dr Minkoff Dual Diagnosis video
- Received 8 Principles Training
- Completed University of South Florida's Co-Occurring Disorders online certification course (see link below)
- Read IDDT Toolkit (see link below)
- Attended Introduction to Motivational Interviewing (MI) Training (8 hours)
- Attended MI Skills Training (4 hours)
- Personally Administered COMPASS
- Personally Developed a Program Action Plan
Points 3,5,6 require certificates of completion; points 7,8 require a copy of tasks performed. Once all 8 points have been completed, the candidate is ready to be CADRE certified - for procedures, please see below.